Saturday, March 3, 2012

McOne and McTwo



After a few years of marriage, McDaddy and I were ready to add a little one to the mix.  I’ll never forget the moment I found out I was pregnant for the first time.  Tears of joy streamed down my face as I stared at a pink plus sign.  My brain immediately began racing to a creative way to tell McDaddy.  That evening, McDaddy jumped up and down, danced around the house, and cried tears of joy when he found a sweet “My Daddy Loves Me” onsie and Willow Tree “New Daddy” sculpture. 

Fast forward a few weeks, we anxiously sat in the ultrasound room to see our sweet “Peanut” for the first time.  The ultrasound tech was very excited for us and animatedly chatted about the procedure and what she was looking for while she started the scan.  She quickly became quiet when she revealed not one, but two tiny little baby blobs on the screen.  She paused for a moment.  I am, by no means, an expert at reading ultrasounds, but I was fairly confident that I saw two babies.  The ultrasound tech and I made eye contact.  She’s either very skilled at reading minds, or it was written all over my face and in the depth of my eyes.  She nodded her head before announcing, “You’re having twins!”  It was like finding out your pregnant all over again.  At first, you question reality almost daring someone to pinch you.  For me, it was the Lord granting the very deepest desire of my heart.  Not only was I going to be a mom, but I was going to be the mom of twins.  Since we were already calling our little one “Peanut”, McDaddy lovingly named our baby B “Goober”.

At 14 weeks, we found out that “Peanut” and “Goober” were boys!  One round of kidney stones, four weeks of hospitalized bed-rest, and one false labor later, McOne and McTwo entered the world at 35 weeks gestation.  I will never forget how distinctively different their cries were, how delicate their little bodies were, and how full my heart felt to have two little boys to call mine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment