Saturday, March 3, 2012

McThree and McFour


When McOne and McTwo were almost 20 months old, I found out I was pregnant again.  McDaddy and I talked early on about wanting to have four children.  We even discussed the possibility of having three biological children and then adopting.  Little did we know that I apparently only reproduce in multiples. 

This time around, McOne and McTwo did all of the announcing.  Just like the first pregnancy, McDaddy jumped up and down, danced around the house, and cried tears of joy when he saw McOne and McTwo sporting “Big Brother”shirts. 

I had a gut feeling that I was pregnant with twins, again, but I didn’t let anyone know.  McDaddy joined me for the ultrasound where we were greeted by the same sweet ultrasound tech that announced that McOne and McTwo were twins.  I couldn’t help but think that maybe she would announce that “Nugget” was actually twins, too.  She asked about McOne and McTwo as we started the scan, but the banter quickly halted. We all stared in silence at the screen. McDaddy and I saw what seemed like millions of ultrasounds with McOne and McTwo, and while we have never been trained in reading the scans, we are pretty skilled in this area now.  We all saw it: two sweet little baby blobs.  McDaddy was the first to speak: “There’s two of them.  Like one, two.”  After the shock wore off, McDaddy was excited again to be welcoming McThree and McFour.  I was ecstatic!!  Twins have a very unique bond.  I believed it before we had McOne and McTwo, but I had watched the two of them become inseparable.  I had witnessed two brothers become best friends.  It’s amazing to watch, and honestly, I worried that a singleton baby might feel left out of the special bond.  Not only had God heard my deepest desire of having twins, He blessed us with two sets of them!  I feel like the luckiest lady in the world. 

At 15 weeks, we found out that “Nugget” and “Small Fry” were a boy and a girl!  This time around, I managed to sneak four ribbons into my purse before the appointment: two “It’s a Boy!” and two “It’s a Girl!”  Dearest friends and family members received the following text just moments after we found out the genders of McThree and McFour. 

One round of kidney stones later and some at home bed-rest, we welcomed McThree and McFour into the world at almost 35 weeks gestation.  Again, my heart overflowed with joy as I heard my sweet babies first cries and I laid eyes on their sweet little bodies.  What a blessed mama I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment